Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Holy God what is wrong with American Idol fans?

Read here, here, here, and here. Or just check out Smartie's entire site.

Do you feel ill yet?

Yes, these people are obsessing over people they have never (and most likely will never) know. Just because some people showed up on their TV for a few months, they feel as if they are these Idol contestants' BFFs. Seriously, writing Mary Sue fan fiction? Stalking on contestants' Myspace pages and even stalking them in their hotels? Barricading the fucking hotel so the AI winner can't get past them? Then trying to justify their pathetic actions and arguing with anyone who points out that they are a waste of humanity?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I fully and readily admit that I was a huge NSYNC and Backstreet Boys fan back in the day. But I was like, 10. Some of these fuckers are 40. Besides, I never even saw either band live, nor did I ever sit down and write a bunch of tard letters or fan fiction. Why? Because even as a tween, I had a life. Hell, I ran a *NSYNC fan site, but even that was mostly for the music, not for the members themselves. Plus, that was strictly a weekend activity. I can't even imagine sitting on these message boards for hours on end talking to other people about what the object of our affection is doing at that very moment. Even when I was little that seemed like a pointless waste of time when I had music lessons, homework, and chores to do.

Fast forward to when I was about 15. I can't even remember what I was really digging then. Probably because again, I had a life. I was more concerned with my music lessons, school, friends, and home life. Yet some of these teenaged idoltards waste hours of valuable time online making ridiculous and embarassing Youtube videos that make no damn sense, arguing with other fans, and/or making the same fucking message board posts over and over. What the hell? If my kids ever start that shit I'm going to smack them. It makes you wonder if these kids are even having normal social interactions with others. It can't be healthy to do nothing but sit in front of a computer chatting about the same subject day in and day out. And these kids' grades must be plummetting.

But what about those old bags, the 30+ crowd fawning over people who are in some cases young enough to be their children? Absolutely disgusting. At least with the younger ones there's a chance they will grow out of it. These women should fucking know better. They have their own families, their own spouses, but apparently not their own lives. It also shows the double entendre in this society, because a man their age lusting after a young female in the same manner would automatically be accused of being a pedo. Yet, these women are simply "COUGARS LOLOLOLOL." No, these women are just as creepy as the men. We shouldn't let these stupid excuses go idly by.

But these people would argue until blue in the face that their obsessions are harmless. Bullshit. When it gets to the point where people are running down the halls of the hotel where the idol contestants are staying, banging on the doors so they can't sleep, and barricading the hotel so they can't get past them, it has become VERY serious and potentially dangerous. Just ask the family of Selena how far crazed fans can go. Not to mention that you can't know who's on the other side of the screen. These people are giving out entirely too much information about themselves, and it's very easy to find people from just a bit of information.

Looking back at everything, I kinda hope the world will end in 2012. If this is the way our society's going, we just need to end it now.

No comments: