Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of 2008 Blog

----------------
Now playing: Jeff Buckley - Eternal Life (Road Version)With only 4 more hours EST to go in 2008, a year that can bite me, why not a fun meme?

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Stood out in the elements for 7 hours waiting for a famous person, who is now our President-Elect.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make resolutions because I live on a week-by-week basis. Besides, I know I wouldn't keep them anyway.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't travel outside of the country.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 which you lacked in 2008?
Spontaneity, focus, less OCD, more control over my spending habits.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
Obama rally, I suppose. But I already forget the exact date, LOL.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Doing well in classes.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh God, I could write a novel on my failures. LOL.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious this year, and let's hope it continues.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Fallout 3, MST3K 20th Anniversary Edition, a bunch of music

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not mine, that's for damn sure. Actually, I don't think there are a lot of people that deserve too much, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Let's face it, we've all turned into self-absorbed fucktards, and I'm including myself in that group.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly my own, but basically just look at the news and that pretty much sums it up.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Video games, unfortunately. Something which needs to change immediately.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I'm a very excitable person, and I can't name everything. Probably the MST3K 20th AE. I skipped class to watch it, LOL.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Gobbledigook" by Sigur Ros. Because I listened to it every day before going to class.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
Happier, the same weight, richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend more time with old friends than with the new.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Dick around on the Internet and on video games.

20. How will you be spending New Year’s?
With my family and a bottle of sparkling grape juice. Can't drink alcohol because of meds and it's fuckin' illegal.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Probably my mom, as loserish as that sounds, but my mom can really go on for AGES.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No.

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
None, because I'm not that easy.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
MST3K. Like that will ever change.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I'm not one for hating people. Hate takes up too much time.

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
The Kite Runner, Middlesex. They're not new, but holy fuck, both made me bawl like a baby.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
SOIL&"PIMP" Sessions. FUCK that's some good shit.

28. What did you want and get?
An XBox for Xmas.

29. What did you want and not get?
More time.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Wall-E.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
20, and I worked on my birthday.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More love and peace in the world. But like THAT'S ever going to happen.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
The same as it's always been. Whatever the fuck I feel like wearing that is flattering and yet cozy.

34. What kept you sane?
Music, friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Thom Yorke.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Environmental issues.

37. Whom did you miss?
Old friends.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My roomie.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
People suck, but they can't help it, so accept them how they are. Oh, and to lighten the fuck up; life needs to be enjoyed and appreciated because there's more good than bad, surprisingly.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"If you try the best you can
The best you can is good enough"
~Radiohead - "Optimistic"

----------------
Now playing: The Sound of Animals Fighting - The Heretic

No comments: