Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Animal Collective. Or as I know them, Holy Shit, This Is Awesome.

On this day of a new political era in the U.S., one needs the perfect new music to set the mood. My audio drug of choice? The new Animal Collective album, Merriweather Post Pavillion. Just stare at the artwork.


Have your eyes melted yet?

Regardless, I'm already calling this one of the best albums of 2009. Because I mean, who else is putting out an album that I care about? No one that I know of off the top of my head. And it's a proven fact* that the vast majority of the mainstream music is utter shit.

Anyway. "Brothersport," "My Girls," and "Summertime Clothes" are early favorites. This album also seems more accessible, and by that I mean it's not as far out there as some of the others. Sung Tongs is still my favorite album by Animal Collective, but I'd say MPP is a close second at the moment. Also, I will be playing nothing but these dudes all week. They just put a smile on my face everytime I hear them.

Work time. It's only the second week of school, I can't slack off this early in the semester.


*Fact proven by ME. Suck on it, fuckers.

----------------
Now playing: Animal Collective - Slippi

1 comment:

Adam said...

Holy crap, that artwork has blinded me.