Friday, January 15, 2010

WRRRRYYYYYYYYYY

So much to bitch about.

So my favoritist band in the world besides Radiohead, The Receiving End of Sirens, are reuniting, hopefully for good.  I was pumped and ready to go up to Mass. on May 8th, until I realized it’s my graduation day.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU…I seriously hope they’re reforming for good, because goddamn.  Fucking love those bitches.  When they broke up/went on indefinite hiatus I was depressed for an entire week.

I have the virus from hell right now.  Kinda feel like my head is about to explode.  I spent all of yesterday evening, last night, and the better part of today in bed drifting in and out of consciousness.  I hate getting sick because when I do get sick it’s fucking bad.  My immune system is good until something actually gets in, then it just creates a giant clusterfuck with my antibodies and white blood cells and they’re all like “OH GOD WHAT IS THIS FALL BACK!”

Also, it’s weird how my sister and I both always get sick at the same time.  ALWAYS.  We don’t even see each other that often.  I saw something on her status about being ill this morning, and I was like, “WTF I’m sick too!”  She apparently has the full-blown flu, I just have some nondescript shit that has the possibility of turning into a sinus infection.  Still weird though.

My roommate’s boyfriend is spending the weekend here.  Because of my current condition I actually haven’t met him, but my other roomie was kind of turned off by him.  Apparently he kinda talks down to roomie #1, which if that’s true, I don’t feel comfortable with that.  I mean, I gave him my seal of approval because he likes the same type of music as I do and roomie #1 seems to be crazy about him.  And roomie #2 really isn’t one to make something like that up, or see something that isn’t there.  I dunno.  If I feel better tomorrow I’ll see if I can gauge him a little better.  I really have problems with guys who do that sort of thing.  Sure, roomie #1 is rather innocent and sheltered, but seriously, that talking down shit is not cool at all.

First week of my last semester of college actually went by well.  It shouldn’t be too bad, except for my big thesis that I have to do.  30+ pages about the battle of Thermopylae pass during the Greco-Persian wars.  I can do it easily, it’s just that it’s going to be a lot of work.  Will be starting on that probably this weekend.

Buffy, the rat that used to freak out whenever you tried to pick her up, has finally learned that doom will not befall her if a hand comes near.  She still sort of seizes up, and she let out a tiny squeak when I picked her up one day, but she no longer bites and is pretty calm as you hold her.  This is great, because she’s actually rather cuddly when she realizes she’ll be alright.  A couple of days ago she stole a wrapped piece of chocolate from one of my roommates and then scampered away.  I nearly died laughing.  Rats apparently do laugh, it’s just that it’s beyond the range of sound humans can hear.  I’m sure Buffy was giggling while running around trying to dodge my roommate.  Hilarity and a half.

Anyway, time to eat some vitamin c tablets, listen to Iron Maiden, and play Modern Warfare 2.  It was what one of my friends told me to do to get over this illness.  Might as well give it a shot!

No comments: