Thursday, January 28, 2010

I love bullet points.

  • I totally won State of the Union bingo last night.  It excites me because I rarely win anything/do anything right.  A “close up of John McCain” sealed my victory.  Totally hung that shit up on my wall.
  • Tomorrow afternoon/evening I am going to go help my friends remove a virus/malware from their computer.  This is how we nerds spend our Fridays.  It’s apparently the Malware Defense one, which seems pretty nasty.  We may lose the battle, but fuck we’re going to throw everything at it.
  • I really hate myself for not telling Amazon to ship my Mass Effect 2 on release day.  Right now I’m dying over it.  I WANT IT SO BAD.  I hope I get it tomorrow, because then I can spend all weekend playing that shit.  I am such a total Mass Effect fan girl it’s not even funny.  I squeal and flail every time I see an ad for it.  I realize that I need help, and lots of it.
  • My thesis advisor ended his email to me about my paper proposal with, “Charge on!”  I am rather inspired now, and also filled with mirth.  He’s probably one of my favorite people in the history department.
  • Some friends and I are doing a fun social experiment with OKCupid.  I’ll probably dedicate an entire post to it soon, because there is some serious hilarity.
  • Pretty much everyone hates my room mate’s boyfriend.  This is the same one from my last entry.  That entry was on a Friday; he was at our apartment from Thursday to Tuesday.  It would be less obnoxious if she was the one that had her own room, but they sleep out in the middle of the living room on an air mattress.  Meaning, a huge chunk of our gathering space is gone.  So we were rather annoyed by that.

    Then this week, he fucking comes back again.  She said, “He’ll only be here one night.”  He stayed for three.  Now I would have less of a problem if a) she had asked us first, and b) he wasn’t a fucking douchebag creeper. 

    Need examples?  No problem.  Firstly, he barely acknowledges anyone.  If you’re in our apartment for five straight days, I would expect to at least have some meaningful exchange of dialogue once.  Secondly, there was a commercial for Yaz (the birth control pill) on TV and he openly said to my roomie, “Should we try that one?”  Holy fuck, keep that shit under wraps.  Third, he’s supposedly going down to NC to live with his grandfather who has cancer.  It sounds honorable at first, but it gets weird when you take into account the fact that my roomie doesn’t know what type of cancer it is.  As someone whose dad had a cancerous colonic tumor removed (and luckily it was caught before it spread – btw this happened when I was in 4th grade and back then my mom told me it was just a simple removal, but I found out this summer that it was fucking serious and I seriously almost lost my father – but I digress), and my other roomie’s mom is a breast cancer survivor, I know that when you say “cancer” it’s almost always specified due to the sheer amount of types there are.  Fourth, I noticed the infantile, speaking-down-to that my other roomie noticed before.  And it is seriously disgusting.  I mean, I’m far from an ultra feminist (my main goal in life is to be a stay/work at home mom, for fuck’s sake), but seriously, this guy isn’t even going to college and is basically just bumming around.  He’s the last person that should be talking down to her. 

    Seriously, I think all of her friends hate him.  Even our friend Anthony, who likes everyone regardless, despises him.  I usually get along well with people and can become friends with practically anyone, but this guy totally turned me off.  Not to mention she gets totally weird when he’s around.  Also, I share a room with her and if they’re both back here, I can’t sit back here in my Awesome Space (tm).  I usually have to bring my laptop out there and just wait until they get bored or whatever the fuck.  I’ve had many offers to come over and stay at other friends’ apartments, and if this trend of him appearing randomly for days on end continues I may have to take them up on him.
  • Our rats continue to provide some awesome entertainment.  I was talking to my dad on the phone, and Bella climbed up onto my shoulder and started nibbling my hand and my phone.  They really don’t like it if you don’t pay enough attention to them, hahaha. 

    As if that weren’t enough, when I finally got Bella to stop messing around, my troublemaker Chryseis jumped up my leg and climbed up to my arm and then clicked a lot at me, which means she’s happy from what I’ve read.  Well that’s nice and all, but goddamn I’m on the phone! 

    Later that same evening, the last one, the runt of the litter Buffy who has finally realized that our hands do not mean insta-doom for her, followed me all the way down the hall to my room.  I usually don’t like to let them in our room because one of them (probably Bella) decided to chew through one of my power cords.  However, Buffy was too cute and she was looking at me with those little eyes and I gave in and let her in.  I was about to take a shower, so I picked up Buffy and put her back into the living room.  Lo and behold, she ran after me again and followed me into the bathroom with her little nose conveying “HI WHAT’S GOIN ON IN HERE?”  It took several minutes and a piece of a tortilla chip for me to get her out.  I’m flattered she likes me so much, but shit.  It’s like having mini dogs.
  • Anyway.  I want to read ahead for one of my classes, then I have to watch Project Runway with my roomie.  IT IS ESSENTIAL.  I am seriously losing a lot of my tomboyishness and I’m actually not that sad.  Fuck yeah, estrogen!

No comments: