Monday, October 27, 2008

Gears of War: A Declaration of Love

Dear God, I love Gears of War. I might even like it better than Crysis. Oh shit. Any game in which your standard gun comes equipped with a chainsaw is immediate win in my book. The first time I chopped up a bitch I nearly cried in gamer nerd joy.

But I digress.

In Gears of War, you play as Marcus Fenix, a hardcore, ex-con, brutish looking fellow who could totally wreck your shit if he wasn't, you know, a bunch of pixels and computer code. Anyway, Fenix has been in jail but is busted out by his former squadmates to help fight the Locusts, an underground civilization that's trying to kill humans. And as most video games, that's really the entire plot right there. Run off and shoot bitches to save the world. WOO!

I've had entirely too much fun shooting and squealing in terror as deformed creatures pop out of nowhere to kill me. One of my favorite parts is the vast amounts of gore in this game. There are guns that literally cut bitches into pieces. But it's not like this exploding-into-chunks is a one sided thing. Many times I was annihalated by getting hit in the chest with grenade launchers. I still giggled way more than I should have.

So do you like excessive violence and shooting things? Then Gears of War is right for you! And GoW2 comes out November 7! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

----------------
Now playing: Lacuna Coil - Purify

No comments: