Sunday, August 5, 2007

New TREOS CD!!!!!!!

So...I got back from my tax-free shopping (THANKS, VIRGINIA LEGISLATURE!) yesterday to find that I had a package sitting on my desk. What was it? The brand new CD by The Receiving End of Sirens, my favorite band EVAR, three whole days before it actually is released. SCORE. So here is my review, and feel free to listen on their Myspace, since they put the whole album up there.

The Receiving End of Sirens: The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi
Well, I must first state that I have an emotional attachment to their first album, Between the Heart and the Synapse, because it is my musical Xanax. So it's hard to live up to that, and I'm not sure at the moment that I like this one as much as BTHATS. Regardless, it's a solid album, and sorta reminds me of Circa Survive and Saosin. They still have that TREOS sound, but it's only vaguely there, probably because Casey left and has his own band (The Dear Hunter) now. I think at the moment I'm still expecting to hear Casey's voice somewhere, but I just have to listen to TDH now. :( Anyway, I do like the sequencing on this album a lot. Also they use glockenspiels. Like, holy shit. Fuck the cowbell, MOAR GLOCKENSPIEL. Favorite songs so far are "Swallow People Whole," "The Salesman, The Husband, The Lover," "Saturnus" (which I had on my iPod and used to know as "Hemi"), "Wanderers," "The Heir of Empty Breath," and "Pale Blue Dot." Okay, so that's most of the album. So fuck it, I like this shit. LOL. GO BUY IT NOW. Or when it comes out on Tuesday.

And now, photographic love of this CD. Please ignore the Leopard Gecko who refused to move out of the way because he is a camera hog and for some reason likes TREOS.




----------------
Now playing: Alexisonfire - A Dagger Through the Heart of St. Angeles
via FoxyTunes

No comments: